Article featured on The Malta Business Weekly on 24/06/2021
Young or aspiring entrepreneurs are given the chance to participate in a cross-border mobility programme and collaborate with experienced entrepreneurs who will give them first-hand, practical coaching by working alongside each other for up to six months enabling entrepreneurs to take the plunge and start their own business.
The programme is a business exchange programme initiated by the EU in 2009 and run locally by Malta Enterprise. It is financed by the European Commission and operates across the Participating Countries with the help of the local contact points. It gives the chance to new entrepreneurs to shadow an experienced entrepreneur willing to help them take the plunge and teach them the ropes of running a successful and fruitful business. Young entrepreneurs can gain innovative professional knowledge and skills whilst improving their entrepreneurial competences.
As a new entrepreneur you can participate in the programme, through , if:
- You are planning to start a business, based on a viable business plan
- You have less than 3 years of total entrepreneurial experience
- Be a Maltese resident
- Have a concrete project or business idea, reflected in a business plan
- Be motivated and committed to collaborate during your stay with an experienced entrepreneur from another Participating Country
- Be prepared to contribute to the development of the host entrepreneur's business and make your skills and competences available
- Be ready to complement the programme funds as needed to cover the costs of your stay abroad
As a new entrepreneur participating in the programme, your exchange will be funded by the programme, through a monthly grant. Moreover, you will benefit from the exchange by having the opportunity to:
- Build self-confidence and skills: sector-specific knowledge or know-how, technical and management skills
- Collaborate with other entrepreneurs and develop cross-border business co-operation
- Network and build strong relationships, which can be useful for mutual consulting, business referrals, and for finding business partners abroad
- Have Insights into different cultural and organisational settings and how companies function in another Participating Country
- Have Insights into the business environment of another Participating Country
- Improve language skills
The general objective of this programme is to enhance entrepreneurship, develop the competitiveness of European SMEs and foster potential entrepreneurs and newly-established micro and small enterprises in the Participating Countries.
If you would like to benefit from the above, you are kindly invited to apply online via and complete the registration form.
For further details or assistance kindly send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org